I was meeting with a good friend of mine and we had just went out sharing in a dorm, talking to people about Jesus, and about 4 or 5 doors in a row we walked into rooms of girls who 1.) had never heard of the organization I am a part of (which is a huge organization on campus) and 2.) they didn't seem to have ever really heard the story of Jesus. This breaks my heart. I could not believe or fathom, in one little dorm, and on one floor, all these five doors had never heard of Jesus. I then thought, I need to come back...there's so often that I assume that going and talking to people about Jesus is another task to me done...but truly, so many people do not know Him. These 10 or so girls, without knowledge of the love of Christ, live in spiritual separation of Christ, can never find satisfaction, live for the things of this world which the Bible refers to as "rubbish," and more important than anything else, they do not understand the love their Father has for them and desires so much to show them.
It is in the fact that God does love us so much, and he does so even because of the sin in our lives that makes us not even able to be associated with God, that he chose to send his own son to come and die to pay the price for our sins. God was not forced to save us, he was not pressured to do so, but because he longs so dearly to love us, he chose bear the burden of our sins for us with the brutal death of his son on the cross. It is in knowing this and turning away from my sin to trust in God that I can say I can experience the only one true love, the love of Jesus Christ...my ultimate savior.
So yada yada yada...right? You've heard that a million times...but no, that's not it. The point is that Christ paid that price for more than just one person. Christ did not die on the cross just for me. Christ paid the price for all whom he has chosen; therefore, all need to hear of the love of Jesus!
It is in denying the sharing of the gospel that my sin is most evident. If I really believed in Christ's love that much I would be sharing it with everyone in the world. Without Jesus, I have nothing; however, I do have Jesus, so I have everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment